Saturday, January 17, 2009

Has it been over 2 weeks?


Coraline.com ~ get your own button eyes!

It would seem that after 8 years in Vancouver that January is still a very hard month for me. While the West Coast in the winter lacks snow for the most part it does have a hell of a lot of darkness.

It is dark when I leave for work and when I get home from work. All of this lack of sun makes for a very depressed Melanie.

I also am still trying to fight a pretty nasty cold that I had a week ago. This never helps my January funk because being sick just sucks.

I have a lot of good things going on right now: a running class that I am starting with a good friend on Monday, a Goddess e-course that is in its first week.

But I still have no energy or will to really do anything other than lie in bed and watch old episodes of LOST and surf the web.

On that note I have quite a few amazing sites that I have added to my sidebar. You should really check them out; there is so much inspiration and women sharing who they are with the world.

I am trying very hard to beat these blues that I am having and will try to write more often. I hope once I start exercising again that I get a bit more energy back and feel more motivated to actually join the ranks of the living.

2 comments:

Vivienne said...

i hear you! normally this season (when i'm back home in vancouver) i'm curled up on the couch watching copious amounts of csi having no energy to do anything but hibernate. right now i'm in a place where there is so much sunshine and the difference in the energy i have is incredible. its all about the sun! i think they need to supply those 'seasonal affective disorder' lights to all vancouverites!!!

Melanie Routhier said...

The place where you are sounds like heaven!!