Thursday, September 20, 2007

Many things going on.




James got a call last night that really upset me.

Without going into too many details the conversation involved making babies.

As soon as I heard James say fertility I just lost it. I locked myself into the bathroom and started shaking. I also started crying, it was pretty bad. All I kept thinking was "there is another couple that are going to be pregnant before we are."

I know it's completely irrational and immature but I just couldn't help it. Once James was done talking he came to see me right away and knew that I wasn't ok.

Of course it was almost impossible to explain to him what I was feeling or why I was crying. How can men understand that when you are bleeding and you hear that someone else may become a parent before you do that all logical thoughts just disappear and as a woman you become completely consumed with thinking about babies ALL. THE. TIME.

Of course 20 minutes later I was very happy for them and kept thinking how great it would be for us to be pregnant at the same time, and how wonderful it will be for our kids to have other kids to grow up with.

In other domestic news: my Mom called me on Sunday and started the conversation off by saying how much her and Dad love me and how I never ask them for anything and how I'm the only sibling to never cause them problems and that I can expect a package in the mail on Friday.

At first I was worried because the tone of her voice was a little off and it's not every day that my Mom calls just to say how much my folks love me. So I thought how nice and started thinking of some little package of goodies but then she said that the package was coming from Sears!!

They called yesterday to confirm the date but because I work on Fridays I asked if they could deliver it (at this point I still didn't know what it was) on Saturday.

The lady was very nice and said that of course they could deliver my SEWING MACHINE!! on Saturday. I can't believe I'm finally getting a sewing machine. I have the longest list of things that I have been yearning to make and now I can start.

I just need to keep reminding myself that good things do happen.

2 comments:

Littlelou said...

I really liked reading your blog..how heartfelt. It seems all my friends are popping out babies and im so broody. I cant carry a child as my scoliosis is too severe. I have my dog..its not quite the same.I truely wish you luck

Melanie Routhier said...

Thank you so much for the comment! I also have scoliosis and have had 3 surgeries for it. If you don't mind me asking how bad is yours?