
Jennifer Aniston: one of my style icons
I have always loved Jennifer Aniston's style. To me it's simple girl-next-door. Nothing too fancy or too "put together". This year I have decided that I will make a commitment to myself. It has always been easy for me to spend money on books, or things for the apartment, or even bags and shoes; but I can't for the life of me spend money on clothes. I never could. I guess I'm not your typical female.
So I have finally given in and am making that commitment that I will spend X amount of money each month on clothes for myself. This is needed. This is desperately needed. (some of the clothes I owe have been in my closet for over 10 years! yikes) And now the problem is that I have no idea how to go about shopping for myself. I am no longer a girl; I feel uncomfortable in jean shorts and t-shirts. As a woman in my thirties I feel that I need to start dressing more “mature”, whatever that means. But that being said I don’t want to dress like a stuffy old fogie. I also have no idea what size I am. This is going to take a lot of deep breaths and a lot of reminding myself that I am beautiful. I also took a long time figuring out how buying myself more clothes can fit into my goal to buy less stuff in 2008.
So this will be an adventure, one that I am looking forward to. I just hope I don’t go too crazy with all the options out there.
Sunday, January 20, 2008
Loving myself first.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I'm a new blogger and I haven't written a book review on this book yet (It's coming) but I just read The Little Black Book of Style by Nina Garcia and it is excellent! It's an easy read and it puts fashion and how to create your style into perspective. EVERY WOMAN SHOULD OWN THIS BOOK. I bought 1 for my sister and 1 for my bestfriend! You should check it out!
Tori
Thanks for the book tip! I'll definitely check it out. :)
Post a Comment