Tomorrow morning @ 9am I will be taking part in the CIBC Run For the Cure. I am very nervous about this as I haven't ran in many weeks and I also do not do well in crowds. But I did raise quite a bit of money and I am excited to be a part of something that is so important. I have been thinking for the past few weeks of what I will write on my # sign where it says who I am running for. As I do not have anyone close to me that has battled breast cancer, I do have family members that have battled other types of cancer. And because of this I think I will write that I am running for You. Tomorrow I will be thinking of you to honour those women in our lives who have been affected by this deadly disease For all of the future women that will face this; for all of the mothers and wives, for the sisters and friends that have suffered. I will hold you in my thoughts.
Saturday, October 4, 2008
Posted by
Melanie Routhier
at
10:42 PM
Labels: health, heart strings
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
How did it go? I cannot imagine what a powerful & moving experience it would be - hopefully next year.
Happy Thanksgiving, hope all is well.
Jaclyn
It was really amazing. We thought it was going to rain but the sun was out and the energy was amazing. One neat thing was a group of people that were carrying signs that read "Free Hugs", people were going up with tears in their eyes and getting lots of support.
I will definitely be doing this again next year.
Post a Comment