Saturday, December 20, 2008

Random Goodness


down the rabbit hole

I just got home from running a few errands and man is it cold outside!! I grew up in Northern Ontario where the average winter temp is in the -20's. But I have lived in Vancouver for over 8 years now and it has become apparent that I am a weather wimp. It doesn't help that I don't really own any "proper" winter clothes. Bah! But -12 is far too cold for my preference. Warm up damn it!!

I now have incredibly short hair. I love it so much. I think it suits my face and petite size so much better than my long hair did. Plus it makes me feel super sexy and James LOVES it.

This is the first cycle since we have been trying that I truly feel we are really giving it a go. We are both completely committed now to conceiving and it feels so wonderful. We are having far too much sex than a couple that has been together for +14 years should. It has gotten to the point that I come home to find James waiting for me so that we can “fake it till we make it” (thanks C!!!).

We had my follow-up appointment with the specialist earlier in the week and things are clearer for us now. He was very good in telling us like it is and making it clear what our expectations should be in regards to getting pregnant naturally. I think this has a lot to do with all the sex we have been having. Things on the ttc front are now a little more desperate because we know that time is running out for us.

I am sitting here drinking my homemade fertility tea and it doesn’t taste like ass. It is actually quite good! Although I am not looking forward to drinking 4 cups a day for the next however many months.

In Christmas news I am officially done all of my shopping and I couldn’t be happier. I am anxiously waiting Christmas morning when I can see the reaction on James’s face when he opens his wonderful gifts. I am not the type of person that goes crazy with the gift buying but this year I got my amazing husband some amazing gifts.

I have also finished purchasing his Anniversary (Jan 21st) gift and I must say that it was pretty ingenious of me. I can’t say more for fear that he may read this blog of mine and ruin the surprise but let’s just say that the gift will last the whole year!

No comments: