Saturday, December 6, 2008

Things I Love Thursday: Tattoos on Women


1. Rabbit tattoo 1, 2. My lucky lady (L), 3. * Dlicieuse Ccile *, 4. red mehandi


I have had a slight obsession with tattoos on women since my teens. There is just something about seeing a woman with a tattoo that makes me happy. That being said I am not a huge fan of all tattoos or all women that have them but the idea in general rocks.

I myself have two tattoos and have been doing some deep thinking lately of either getting a third or covering up my first tattoo. Although I am going to wait to do the cover up as my first tattoo is on my abdomen (ya, not good planning on my part) and I will most likely get it covered up after I have my kids. So if it turns out that a biological child is not in my cards the cover up will be done first. If I am blessed with becoming an incubator then a new tattoo it will be.

I had my first tattoo done when I turned 18 and over the years I have asked myself numerous times if I regret it. While I love the idea of the tattoo that I currently have I have zero feelings for the actual tattoo now. Like many people I know, my first tattoo didn’t get much thought on my part.

I didn’t like the placement or the finished design but because I was so young and stupid I didn’t say anything. Boy did I learn my lesson on that one. In the end I can say that I don’t regret the tattoo, but I will definitely end up covering it up with something that means a great deal to me.

Now my second tattoo I got inked 11 years later and I waited about a year before actually getting it. I am a strong believer in giving tattoos lots of thought before having them done; mainly because they are permanent but for me it is more the fact that I lose interest so quickly with most things. What I love right now may mean nothing to me in two months. This tattoo means the world to me and I have loved it every second I have had it.

And right now I am toying with the idea of getting a larger tattoo and even secretly lusting after the idea of a half sleeve. (Shh don’t tell anyone)
But I am trying to decide on what exactly I would get done. What is important to me? What do I want to say? And also where would I get it on my body?

There are some really great articles out there that anyone thinking about getting a tattoo should read and there are also some really great sites to look through for ideas on design and placement.

P.S. I realize it is Saturday and that this post is two days late, but as they say "better late than never!"

No comments: