It's your typical Autumn day here in Vancouver ~ cold, terribly gloomy and eternally raining. Normally days like today have me wanting to cuddle up in bed and sleep the days away. Usually I end up wanting to hibernate and not wake up until Spring is here. On the rare occasion I remember that Autumn means that Christmas is around the corner and that cheers me up for a moment or two.
But today I am in a happy sunny mood. I am going to spend the day cleaning and discovering the intricacies of my new sewing machine. The first thing I'm going to sew is some cloth liners. Because my flow is so darn light I just can't justify spending money on disposable pads when I really don't need them. So I found a few sites that have good instructions on making them but I'm not going to use a pattern at all. I'm just going to wing it! About a month ago I gave away all of the cloth that I had been keeping in hopes of owning a sewing machine some day. So because I no longer have any old t-shirts to use I went to the Salvation Army yesterday and bought some shirts and some fabric to cut up. Hopefully it all works out. Maybe I’ll bake something too.
Also James isn't here today. Don’t get me wrong; I love spending time with my hubby. But I love my days alone also, just me and Domino Bunny. I tend to cherish my alone time a lot more now that it's such a rare treat.
Saturday, October 20, 2007
Rainy Days and Mondays
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hi Melanie,
Thanks for leaving a comment in my post and for your kind words. Glad the post helped you.
Peter (Blog*Star)
Testing Blogger Beta (now New Blogger)
Hi Melanie,
BTW I made a comment in response to your comment in my post Changing the sidebar font. Essentially, I am curious as to how you found my post. It would be most helpful if you pop back over there, comment again and let us know as us bloggers are always curious as to how we get our visitors.
Peter (Blog*Star)
Food as medicine
Post a Comment