Tuesday, August 19, 2008

This little site turns 1 year old.


Happy 1 Year!

It would seem that a year ago I started a new journey by moving away from LiveJournal and onto something else; something different. And to reminisce a bit, here is an excerpt from a few years ago. This was me trying to capture a moment that started me slowly onto a better path of being me and of keeping me sane.

A bit of back story: James and I lived downtown very close to English Bay. Each year in the end of July around 80, 000 to 100, 000 people gather around English Bay in Vancouver to witness the Celebration of Light. While I love fireworks I have extreme anxiety attacks in crowds that large and will not go to watch. This particular year James and our friends went out into the crowds and left me at home. I was having a very hard time with this and life in general.


Note to self:
Aug. 9th, 2003 at 10:29 PM

Just this morning as I walked to work I thought of the monotony of life. Everyday it's the same thing. Get up, shower, go to work, come home, clean, eat, go to bed. How pointless it all is. Sure there may be some great times in between the day to day. Making love, laughing, smiles, cuddles. But when it comes down to it, really it's just all the same.

And then as I stood on my balcony watching the fireworks I saw the beauty in life. Each and every moment is a miracle. There is beauty and wonder in every single thing. Every heartache, every pain, sickness, humiliation, tear. All of the good and the bad are a thing of beauty.

There are thousands and thousands of people in the world who will never experience the things you have experienced. Never. And that makes each and every moment of your life a miracle. It is uniquely your own. Every smile, every anguish, all the love all the hatred. A miracle.

Cherish that.


No comments: