I love Saturdays. After sleeping in I had the most relaxing massage with Michelle. She works wonders with her hands and I almost always come home feeling so rejuvenated. Today was no exception and she even noted that I seemed much more at ease today. I think it is knowing that I only have one shift left on Monday and then I am off work for two weeks.
James and I will be flying out to the Mayan Riviera on Sunday the 16th for 8 days. I can’t tell you how much we need this vacation. We are just finishing up a few last minute details and then we are all set.
Today was the scary detail that needed attending to... I needed to buy a new bikini. I have not gone bathing suit shopping in years and I was terrified of this. But James came with me today and it went well. I ended up buying 2 bikinis and no tears were shed. A few years ago this endeavour could never have happened with James going with me. Our communication back then was horrible and we always ended up fighting. But today he was a peach and didn’t say one bad thing; although there was one bikini that when I opened up the change room door his eyes just about bugged out of his head and all he did was give me a big “thumbs down” sign. But it was ok and we even laughed about it after I joked that I guess that was his way of not saying anything mean to me.
It is days like today that I am so grateful for my marriage. I am so grateful for all of the hard work we have put into making our relationship work. After 14+ years together we are amazing friends and the only reason we have made it this far is because we wantit to work. This relationship is truly the hardest thing I have done in my life and the one thing I am the proudest of.
Saturday, November 8, 2008
A very successful day
Posted by
Melanie Routhier
at
8:37 PM
Labels: down time, heart strings
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment