Friday, February 20, 2009





I have had a secret crush on Stephen King since I was 13 years old. This crush does not consist of any sort of sexual anything really but more of a wish that he was a cool Uncle of mine.

I have read pretty much every book of his and own most of them in hard cover. In fact I still own the soft cover version of IT that I read when I was 13.

My best childhood friend Lori Jean loaned it to me and my life changed after reading it. I had never read an "adult" book before and I devoured it. I kept it on my bed at night and the smell of the book still brings back so many amazing memories.

I am fine with people frowning at me when I say that Stephen King is my favourite author. I can always rely on him to cheer me up, creep me out and just plain entertain me.

And I will admit that there are some of his books that just are not good. Everyone has bad days.

Just After Sunset is his latest book and is one that consists of short stories; which I just love. I wish more authors wrote short stories, I love that I can read an entire story before bed and that each one never exactly turns out how I expected it to.

To me Mr King is brilliant.

No comments: