Sadly this is not my closet.
Since 2009 started I have made numerous decisions that are all based on the fact that I am tired with how my life is.
I was tired of being so tired all the time and so I started running again. After 5 short weeks I have seen results and this has definitely motivated me to keep going and change other areas in my life.
The next most important area that needs immediate fixing is my wardrobe. I realize that this statement may seem vain to some but if you looked inside my sorry excuse of a closet you would quickly agree with me.
Most of my clothes I have had for years and they show it. I also have a pitiful 1 pair of jeans. A few months ago I divided my closet into two sections: one section contains clothes that are fit to wear in public and the second section contains clothes that I wouldn’t be caught dead wearing in public.
That last sentence makes me so sad.
I have never been one of the girls that go shopping every pay check. The main reason has been that I have never really had disposable income but I think it has more to do with body issues than it has to do with anything else. But that is a whole other post in itself.
This past Christmas I received numerous gift cards for retail stores and I have finally started to spend them. This excites me. I have created a list of “essential” items to get. These are items that I can wear either to work or casually. I want to get dressed in the morning and feel proud about myself and not have to think about how my clothes make me look.
One area that I would also like to work on is my lounging-about clothes. I usually come home from work and throw on a pair of super old jogging pants and a sweater. I hate this. I would like some comfy clothes that I can leave the house in and still look great.
I also need some new slippers. Silly as it may seem but my feet get very cold and having a bunny around makes it hard to wear anything on your feet that she doesn't attack and try to eat. I did at one point own a great pair of moccasin slippers but Domino has a vice for leather and she quickly devoured them. Sadly they went to slipper heaven.
I have been eyeing these two lovelies to wear around the apartment.
Keyhole Flat by HydraHeart
Mustard Mary Jane Room Shoes by elephantandchickpea
How cute are they!!
But now that I think about it I’m not sure that those buttons or that thin cord would stand up to her sharp teeth.
Ah well I am sure that I will find something stylish yet warm for my toes.
*I am trying to figure out how to take lovely close-up pictures with my Jurassic camera. I would love to be able to share all of my new purchases with you.
Saturday, February 21, 2009
The average North American owns 8 pairs of jeans. Really?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment