Monday, March 3, 2008

The dichotomy that is melanie jennifer


Coach Hamptons Signature Mini Skinny

I had my eyes checked on Friday night in the mall and ended up coming home with this little lovely. It is now my 3rd Coach purchase and I think I should cut myself off.

I had been using the same black leather wallet that was given to me as a Christmas gift when I was 15. That Christmas I had asked for a wallet that wasn’t “too girly” and received a man’s wallet. I honestly loved it and it is one of the reasons why I used it for so many years. But a few years ago I started to hate wallets, mainly because our society has so many darn cards that we carry around. And so back in August I decided to buck mainstream and not use a wallet anymore. I purchased this lovely pocket wallet from Etsy. It was perfect in that it wasn’t a traditional wallet and it fit perfectly into whatever purse or clutch I was using. But lately I’ve been feeling like a 10 year old every time I took it out to pay for something. Maybe it’s the fact that I’ll be turning 33 this year but I decided that I needed something a little more grown up to hold my small stash of cards. And this Mini Skinny is a perfect solution! I wasn’t that expensive, fits everything and has just the right amount of girly to it.

But on the other hand I do have a bit of guilt that goes along with this purchase. I have been slowly making the decision that I would like to someday make more vegan friendly clothing purchases. Now I am not vegan or vegetarian in my diet and never will be but for some reason choosing animal friendly clothing products really speaks to me. I admire Natalie Portman because of this reason and see that she is very fashionable while maintaining her vegan beliefs. I obviously have lots of research to do to start this endeavour which is probably one of the reasons why I have not started. Plus then I wouldn’t be able to have my Coach fixes. But I guess when I am ready to make the switch I will be ok with not having anymore leather accessories.

No comments: