This is where I am right now.
On Thursday we met with my specialist and received the results of both of our tests.
I am still a bit in shock and cannot process what we were told.
I was devastated in the office and managed to make it out into the parking lot where we were nice and waited for a car to pull out a few feet in front of us. It wasn’t until I made the mistake of turning my head and seeing a “Baby On Board” sign on the back of someone’s window that I completely lost it.
I made it into the car where I took off my glasses and completely broke down.
By 7pm that night James and I were both exhausted from crying and talking the whole day. I seriously was so tired I could hardly lift my arms.
I honestly thought that we would go in and find out that they couldn’t find a definite reason why we were not pregnant yet. But they did find a definite reason. I even asked if there was any way the test could be wrong. She responded with an “of course!” which was quickly followed up with a “but in your specific situation that is highly unlikely”. Which sounds harsh but she was actually really nice about it.
And of course after that I can’t really remember much of anything else that was discussed. I don’t remember the name of the Dr I’m being referred to, or what any of the procedures she spoke about are.
I think I may call the office back and ask for more details.
I am still not ok.
And oddly I was fine talking to the 4 people at work that know roughly about my ttc journey. I told 2 of them the full details.
But I cannot talk to friends or family about it, and I cannot write out what we were told.
I can’t even think about talking about it; if that makes sense. I tried to rationalize telling coworkers over people I care about but it actually makes sense to me. With “other” people I can be clinical about it, I don’t have to talk about the reality of it or how I am feeling inside. With friends this isn’t an option.
I am not sure when I will be ok with this, but I am hoping that once I see my potential surgeon and find out all the details and get a better idea of what our options are I will be able to deal with this. In the mean time the one good thing to come out of this is the fact that James and I are closer than ever.
I truly love him and feel so much support from him. In this regard I feel very blessed.
Sunday, September 7, 2008
Blackness blackness dragging me down.
Posted by
Melanie Routhier
at
6:04 PM
Labels: infertility
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
my heart is with your heart.
i feel you and i am so sorry you are hurting right now.
i am holding onto hope for you...even if you can't do it for yourself at times. i get it. i do.
doctors can feel so disempowering and i hope that you will still hear your inner voice that says..."you are enough"...because you are.
love,
denise
ps. i am leaving for a week but if you want to email me, i would love to connect: denise (at) bohophoto (dot) com
Melanie,
{{{Hugs}}}
Feel Denise's words. Know that you are enough. I shed tears with you and hope for you.
If you're looking to connect in different way maybe consider visiting theparentingpod.com or http://www.mothering.com/discussions/
Love,
Jaclyn
XOXOXO
~hugs~
I love you.
If you need to chat or even just to hang out watch buffy and be ridiculous let me know.
<3
Post a Comment