My Sister Elizabeth; age 3, 1974
Great post on why a woman would choose to have a non-medicated birth. Some highlights:
☆ I am not a patient.
☆ I believe in preventative health.
☆ I choose to entrust my life and the life of my new little person to proven rather than just certified hands.
☆ I would rather have prenatal supervision than prenatal care.
☆ It is important to me that the person who sees me prenatally will be there for my labor and delivery.
☆ One intervention leads to another.
☆ I choose to be fully involved in my labor and delivery.
☆ I want to know that I have made my own, informed choices.
Sunday, April 20, 2008
I may give this link to my family when the time comes.
Posted by
Melanie Routhier
at
10:33 AM
Labels: infertility, lists
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Thanks for the link, everything so speaks to my heart.
One of my favourite quotes:
We have a secret in our culture...
and it's not that birth is painful. It's that women are strong. ~ Laura Stavoe Harm
I agree! And what an amazing quote. Thanks for sharing. :)
Post a Comment